If you’ve been driving around the Louisville area, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses. Often, the advertisements say things like “We Buy Louisville Houses!” or “Cash For Your House.”
But how do you know if the local house-buying companies out there are honest and credible?
We Buy Houses in Kentucky is a family-owned business that you can trust. Operated by husband and wife team Daniel and Catherine Close, we are focused on helping homeowners solve real estate problems.
So first, let’s cover exactly what reputable companies like ours are doing right.
What Reputable Louisville House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash from their houses to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to relatives. We can make that happen in just a few days, delivering peace of mind.
- Allowing sellers to get rid of burdensome properties without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other professionals. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Louisville.
- Buying U.S. products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the U.S.A. That creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The U.S. economy depends on steady improvement. That requires investment from companies like us.
- Increasing the value of Louisville neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Louisville.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire departments, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, we’re improving our neighborhoods.
Now, let’s cover how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house-buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer about potentially purchasing your house, ask them some of the open-ended questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable and honest:
- How do you help your clients?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Look for Telltale Signs of Tactics Shady Operators Use, Like These
- “Kitchen table closings” — If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company, be leery. Most reputable house-buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral third-party location, like a title company. This ensures everything is done right.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing — If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be cautious. Most reputable house-buying services will make you an offer, and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house-buying services like ours do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes, and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. Also, we buy multiple houses a month, and when we make you an offer, we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and that we’ll reserve that cash for several days — so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
We Buy Houses in Kentucky
We hope you’ll turn to We Buy Houses in Kentucky as your trusted, local home-buying company. If you are thinking “I want to sell my house fast,” come to us.
We offer the opportunity for an as-is home sale in Louisville, Kentucky and surrounding areas, including: Bardstown, Fern Creek, Highview, Jeffersontown, La Grange, Lyndon, Mount Washington, Newburg, Okolona, Shelbyville, Shepherdsville, Shively, St. Matthews, Taylorsville and Valley Station. We also buy homes in Southern Indiana, including these areas: Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany.