Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. Louisville home sellers call us or submit their house info on this website every week saying, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Louisville.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of these individuals sell their houses quickly, and we can help you, too!
We Buy Houses in Kentucky is owned and operated by husband and wife team Daniel and Catherine Close. We offer cash for houses in Louisville, Kentucky and surrounding areas. These include: Bardstown, Fern Creek, Highview, Jeffersontown, La Grange, Lyndon, Mount Washington, Newburg, Okolona, Shelbyville, Shepherdsville, Shively, St. Matthews, Taylorsville and Valley Station. We also buy homes in Southern Indiana, including these areas: Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany.
Read on for our advice on what to do when you need to relocate and sell your home fast.
What Steps You Should Take First
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this, you can contact a reputable real estate agent, or connect with us, and we can give you a no-cost, no-obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what your house may be able to sell for in the current market, you can determine how long you may or may not be able or willing to wait to sell your house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. We’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job and who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait and every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. Or, if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell, we are a reputable local house buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast, fair, all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget about is the amount of money it costs you to hold onto your house. The costs involved include the mortgage, insurance, taxes and maintenance. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000. Your mortgage payment is $1,200/month, taxes are $200/month, insurance is $100/month, and maintenance is $100/month. Those expenses add up to $1,600/month in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell your house through a real estate agent for that $200,000, it will cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” and you would have to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees. That adds up to $23,200 in LOST money! Even if you sold your house NOW for a discount below the retail price (lets say, $175,000) to We Buy Houses in Kentucky, you’re still ahead of the game versus selling it 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action: Whatever you decide, make a decision, and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Louisville, KY agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us.
- Consider renting: You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed-upon time before buying.
How We Can Help You
At We Buy Houses in Kentucky, we love helping people solve complicated problems. We support families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Louisville homeowners who need to sell fast.
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Louisville community. We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Louisville real estate, so please feel free to call us at (502) 383-1484 and chat with us anytime about an as-is home sale.